Tuesday, April 14, 2015

20 and 21 Weeks ... HALFWAY with some BIG news!

This past week, my momma was in town visiting from Georgia. Clearly, blogging took a backseat to spending time with her...and if we're being honest, blogging also took a backseat to school work and a two-week teaching takeover that I am now halfway through with. In four short weeks, I will be graduating...again! The only difference this time is that everyone has to call me Master Sarah from then on. (Right, Rachel G.??!?)

Anyways, while my mom was here, I officially hit the halfway mark in this crazy journey called pregnancy. Looking back, the first 20 weeks seem like such a blur of nausea, excitement, and exhaustion. I just can't get over how fast it's all going by... Even though five weeks ago I would have said this pregnancy was moving at a snails pace...you know, in between all the throw up and what not.

Since I missed last week, here's the 20 week picture.

20 weeks

21 weeks
Yes, it was Red Sox day at school the day this picture was taken! Go sox! 
How far along? 21 weeks!

Total weight gain: 15+ lbs.  
Gender: Still girl...
Baby is the size of a(n)...: Pomegranate  
Maternity clothes? Yup. When Weezy (Mom) was in town, we did some hardcore maternity shopping and came up with virtually nothing. Until her last day, that is! We found some pretty great dresses and maxi skirts that have definitely been my go-to these days.
Best moment this week: Having my mom get to come visit and sit in with us at a doctor's appointment and hear the heart beat.
Worst Moment this week: Non-pregnancy related: Saying goodbye to our LG, whom we meet and share a meal with every Thursday. Pregnancy related: the heart burn. Definitely the heart burn. It does NOT let up!  

Miss Anything? Medium steaks. I just want some red meat, dang it!
Cravings: Watermelon, sushi, Stop and Shop's Rotisserie Chicken Salad (SO GOOD).
Symptoms: HEART BURN. All. Day. Long.
Looking forward to: Spring Break next week!! Even though all I'll be doing is working on my PPA for student teaching. After spring break, I'm pretty much done with school work associated with student teaching and I can just spend these last few weeks enjoying the experience!

In other news, the countdown is officially on. I haven't mentioned this on the blog before because we wanted to make sure as many people as possible heard from us, but Ryan and I are officially moving to Georgia in four short weeks. While I'm super excited to be back in the great Peach state, closer to our family and our friends we left behind four years ago, I'm equally devastated to leave New England and the AMAZING friends that have grown into family up here. This place honestly feels more like home than Georgia does and I know it's going to be a tough weekend in Mid-May when we leave. Expect tears. A lot of tears.



No comments :

Post a Comment