Thursday, February 12, 2015

12 Weeks

Hello!

As some of you may have noticed, I've been pretty much M.I.A. for the past two months and now you finally know why! Ryan and I are off tonight to head to Aruba, where we're meeting up with his parents for what promises to be an amazing vacation! Before we take off, I wanted to get this pregnancy journey started (You're welcome Colee!). When I have more time, I definitely want to document everything that has happened for the first 12 weeks of this pregnancy, but for now a quick 12 week update will have to do!



How far along? 12 weeks! (last Sunday...)

Total weight gain: About 3 lbs.

Maternity clothes? I've been wearing leggings all day every day and recently bought a few maternity sweaters from Old Navy on sale, mainly because they're all super long and I can wear them all with leggings. If I want to wear jeans, I have to now use the ponytail method to give myself an extra couple inches around the waist.

Best moment this week:  Getting to see our itty bitty Smitty move around inside me and hear/see baby's heartbeat again at our ultrasound on Wednesday. Everything measured right on and looked healthy to the doctors, which makes this future mama happy!

Worst Moment this week: While it's getting better, the nausea and sickness have definitely been the cause of any bad moments this week. Also, being stuck in the apartment due to an ENTIRE week of snow days has gotten a bit boring.  

Miss Anything? Recently, I've been craving a Turkey Tom from Jimmy John's and a Publix turkey sub, which is strange since I haven't had a Publix sub in probably 4 years. So, I guess you could say I'm missing turkey subs... and Georgia.

Cravings: I wouldn't say I've really had any cravings, but there are only a few things I've had the desire to eat for like 6 weeks now: bagels and cream cheese, bread and butter, macaroni and cheese with peas mixed in, and pears/apples/grapes/bananas. This week, I also started craving cottage cheese with fruit.

Symptoms: As I mentioned earlier, I've been struggling with morning sickness pretty badly (and afternoon sickness and night sickness). I also tire easier than normal.

Looking forward to: Hopping on a plane to Aruba (via New York) tonight and getting the heck outta dodge before this next blizzard hits this weekend! I couldn't be more excited to trade in these 6 feet of snow for sun and sand for the next week!

I'll be back after vacation with LOTS of stories from the first 12 weeks of this pregnancy! In the meantime, does anyone have any gender predictions?!?

Happy February break!

2 comments :

  1. Yay to more updates : )! My mom said she had the worst nausea & sickness with me so I'm gonna guess that you have a fashionista, talkative, smiley, photogenic, future FEMALE college athlete in that belly! Enjoy Aruba!!!

    xoxo,Colee

    P.S- lets hope that snow is gone by March 6th... #Hopefulthinking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I had all my sickness and nausea with your brother, and very little with you, I'm going with BOY! Plus I studied the ultrasound and read up on the Ramzi method. Just a guess, I'm so excited! And you look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete