Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Taco Crescent Ring


For Life Group last Thursday, the food theme was brought to you by "the letter R!" Racking my brain for recipes that began with the letter "R" for a couple days, I remembered one of my favorite party dishes...the crescent ring. Janelle and I made a buffalo chicken crescent ring together a couple months ago for a get together. While we were assembling the ring, we came up with tons of different other fillings that would work great inside the crescent ring. Last Thursday, I finally decided to try a different filling, and it turned out awesome! Plus it was super easy and came together in thirty minutes, baked and ready to eat! 



Ingredients: 

  • 1 1/2 lbs. Ground Beef 
  • 2 cans Crescent Rings 
  • 2 pkgs. Taco Seasoning
  • 1/2 cup Water 
  • 2 cups Mexican Cheese, shredded
  • Taco Sauce and Sour Cream, optional

Directions: 
In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Once browned, add in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 5 minutes.

While the meat is simmering, lay out parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread out each crescent triangle, leaving a circle in the middle. I started with four triangles, forming the points on a compass with points facing out. I filled in the gaps from there with the remaining triangles.

Spoon the meat in a ring around the dough about an inch from the center edge. Sprinkle a cup of cheddar cheese over top of the meat.

Wrap the triangles over the filling, pressing the small edge into the center ring to seal shut.

Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Let cool for five minutes. At this point, you can transfer to a serving platter and fill the center ring with lettuce, grape tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, taco sauce... you name it! I served mine with sour cream and taco sauce, mainly because I did my grocery shopping at Target this week and they didn't have much fresh produce. Lazy me.

 Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment