Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Happy Summer!

Summer is officially here!!

While I am happy that summertime has arrived, I will definitely miss the 15-16 smiling faces I was greeted with almost every morning over the past 180 school days. I have learned so much from them and from the teachers at Nash this year that I will carry with me through my final year of this master's program and beyond. Thanks for the great memories, Nash!! Here's a little look back on some of the fun happenings at our little school over the 2013-14 year!

Open House: 




For Open House Night, Jill and I set up the room to look like it does with every student working at their desks. The kids colored faces of themselves and brought in t-shirts that we put on the seats with their open house worksheets.

Thanksgiving:


Thanksgiving Math Turkeys

The Nash Olympics:



My Favorite Valentines Card: 



Working on our Geometry:



Christmas Time:

Polar Express Day 

End of the Year Field Trips and Activities:





Giant Lobster Claw 


For our end of the year gifts, Jill and I went to the dollar store to pick up some beach buckets which Candy, Jill, Lori, and I filled with goodies for each student. I printed off the cute printable that says "Have buckets of fun this summer!", backed them on to yellow construction paper and tied them to the buckets! We also printed out pictures from the year to give to each student to help them remember all the fun times they had at school.

We also did two sets of superlatives, teacher awards and classroom awards. The four of us voted on teacher awards which were awards like "Neatest Handwriting", "Science Superstar", and "Math Master". Each child received a certificate and a medal. The students all voted on the classroom awards and I tallied up the votes afterwards. We went to the dollar store (Love that place for stuff like this!) and picked out silly prizes that went along with the awards. These awards were funnier rather than serious, like "Classroom Comedian", "Amazing Artist" and "Little Miss Fashionista". The kids seemed to love finding out who won the awards and getting the little prizes that go along with them!

The Certificates with the corresponding prize! 
That really is just a brief glimpse into the school year. We did so many fun activities but in the interest of privacy, those pictures cannot be displayed on the internet, so you'll just have to take my word for it!

Have a great summer, teacher friends!! 


No comments :

Post a Comment