Friday, August 23, 2013

Homemade Strawberry Muffins

T-minus 24 hours until I get to pick up my best friend from the airport. This girl is EXCITED!! So excited, in fact, that I decided to whip up a batch of homemade strawberry muffins for all of us to share during breakfast this weekend! (if they make it until tomorrow!!)


Here's what you need:


  • 1 1/2 cups Strawberries, chopped 
  • 3/4 cup Sugar
  • 6 tbsp. Butter 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cups Flour
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt 
  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon


Directions: 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

Line a muffin tin with liners and/or spray with a cooking spray. (I do both so that the muffins don't stick to the liners!) Combine strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl and let it sit together for at least 45 minutes. This allows the juices from the strawberries to combine with the sugar. YUM. 


In a stand mixer, beat together butter and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Slowly add dry ingredients to the stand mixer and beat until incorporated. Fold in strawberries, including the sugar liquid from the bowl. Spoon into muffin tin. (I had a little left over batter, so I spooned the rest into a 24-cup mini muffin tin as well- those only bake for about 10-12 minutes.)


Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy! 



I can't wait to dig into these this weekend! Happy Friday, ya'll!

1 comment :

  1. I have never made strawberry muffins, but these look so good! I'm going to pin this immediately. I need to make these before fall comes and strawberries get expensive again!

    ReplyDelete