Monday, June 3, 2013

Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake

Happy Monday friends!

I don't have too much to report on from this weekend due to a sudden illness that knocked me down for a little bit starting Saturday night. I'll give you a quick recap of what we did do this weekend after I talk about a pretty awesome recipe I tried out this week!

Wednesday night, Ryan and I had dinner plans with Jon (our life group leader) and his wife Candice. They had everything for dinner and asked if I could bring something for dessert. I wanted to try a new recipe and stumbled upon an oreo creation I knew at least Ryan would love. The original recipe can be found here. Turns out the creator of this recipe is the sister of the Bachelor last season, Sean. I browsed her website last week, and it really does have some AWESOME recipes.

So without further ado, I give you my take on her Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake!

Ingredients: 


  • 1 box of chocolate cake mix (I used Chocolate Fudge cake mix)
  • 2 small boxes of instant chocolate pudding (I used Chocolate Fudge pudding mix) 
  • 1/2 cup of veggie oil
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 can vanilla frosting
  • 1 package of Oreos




Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 inch bundt pan.


In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs with an electric mixer.   Pour into prepared bundt pan.




Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean for a large bundt cake. 

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. Then, invert cake onto serving plate to finish cooling.

While the cake is cooling, empty your can of vanilla frosting into a mixing bowl.  Crush about 10 Oreos and add to your frosting.  (I put my Oreos right in with the frosting in the mixer and it worked perfectly.)  Frost your cake with your Oreo frosting.


It was a huge hit and I will definitely be making this bundt cake, or a variation of it, again! 

Now onto the weekend. Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day. Ryan and I invited friends from life group, James and Rachel and their daughter Kenzie, over to our neighborhood pool for the afternoon and we had a blast! We lounged by the pool, played in the water, and grilled out hot dogs and hamburgers! 



Saturday night, Ryan and I planned to go out to dinner and then go see a movie. Luckily, Stephen and Kristen were heading back from the Cape (You can read about their cape experience here) and had to drive RIGHT by our exit, so we got to meet up with them for dinner! We ended up going to the Union Brewhouse, close to the exit, for pizza, beer, and to watch some of the Bruins game! 


Wachusset Blueberry beer with real blueberries in it! 
 After dinner, Kristen and Stephen left to return their rental car in Boston and Ryan and I decided to skip the movie and explore Quincy a little bit. We went on a hunt for ice cream and somehow found ourselves at Wollaston Beach in Quincy. It's a pretty cool beach (we only saw it at night) and you can see Boston right across the water! I think the name of the ice cream shop we went to was the Ice Box. I'd like to say their ice cream was REALLY good, but this was around the time I started not feeling well so I wasn't in the mood for much. Ryan gobbled down his 3 massive scoops of cookies and cream though! I told you that man has a thing for oreos!
Nor'eastah anyone?! 
Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well for the rest of the weekend so we took it easy. This week will be a mixture of subbing, studying, and FINALLY taking my 2nd test to get into grad school! 

Wish me luck, ya'll!! 

I hope everyone has a great week! 

-Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment